Rhino Planetary High Precision Encoder 300 RPM DC Servo Motor is a robust encoder based DC servo system which is a unique system which enables you to get the stall torque of the motor even even while using the motor at lower RPM. For RPM starting from 0 to maximum rpm possible as per gear box ratio, you can achieve the stall torque of the motor. Using a simple DC motor it is not possible to achieve desired torque at lower speeds because as you vary the input provided to the motor drive the output power is reduced. However the Rhino Planetary High Precision Encoder motors along with the DC servo drive the encoder feedback is a unique system which will allow to achieve maximum rated torque at lower speeds along with perfect position and multimotor co-ordination.
This motor is perfect for accurate speed applications and multi-motor robotic platforms where speed and position co-ordination is important. This motor serves for critical applications where two motors working at same speeds are important for the working of the system. Also it gives a very fine setting to achieve required speed control using the high number of counts which are available with the coupled encoder.
The high precision encoder coupled with the base motor is a quad encoder which provides 69,605 Counts per Revolution (CPR). This high number of counts enable a mission critical applications for fine control of speed and settings. To control the position of the motor and the speed, our DC Servo Drive RMCS-2301 is recommended to be used with this.
This Drive makes it very easy to control the speed and position of the motor using step pulses and direction. The quad encoder feedback is to be provided to this drive which has a step multiplier in steps uptill 8x. So for a waveform of 10khz, you can generate 48,00,000 pulses per minute to drive the encoder motor. This is suitable for lower rpm motors which have a higher count per revolution (CPR). For higher RPM motors where gearbox ratios are lower, the multiplier settings can be set to 2x or 4x to achieve the desired count required. Hence the motor and drive along with a PWM and frequency control can provide a perfect solution for precision position and speed control system.
Along with the high precision encoder, the Rhino Heavy Duty Planetary Gear Box DC motor is a category best motor with an amazing torque to weight ratio and performance parameters. The high quality precision metal gear box in the motor provides with long life and good performance as detailed in the product.
- 300 RPM 12V Rhino Planetary High Precision Encoder Geared Motor with Metal Planetary Motor High Precision Encoder and Metal Gears
- 18000 RPM base motor
- 3 stage gearbox for optimum high torque operation
- Motor rated Torque is 10kgcm along with gearbox and stall torque is 40kgcm, however it is recommended to use the motor at rated torque for optimum life and efficiency.
- Shaft is D type with total length of 16 mm and D shape in 12 mm.
- 6mm Dia shaft with M3 thread hole for tight mounting.
- Shaft can be coupled using CNC coupling 6 mm or using fixed coupling as per requirement.
- Back shaft length is 9 mm
- Gearbox diameter is 32 mm.
- Motor Diameter 28.5 mm
- Length 81.5 mm without shaft
- 300gm weight
- No-load current : 800 mA, Load current : upto 7.5 A(Max)
- Gear Ratio is 1 : 52.1
- CPR value Calculation is 1336*52.1 = 69,605
Encoder Specifications and Pinout:
- Counts per revolution (CPR) :69,605
- Red: EncB
- Orange: EncA
- Yellow: Motor-
- Green: Motor+
- Brown : Vcc +5 V DC
- Black : Gnd. *This is to be kept isolated from Motor Ground.
- 1 x RHINO 300RPM 10KGCM DC PLANETARY GEARED HIGH PRECISION ENCODER SERVO MOTOR
For further heavy duty applications we have IG52 planetary gear motors with 52mm gear box and all metal industrial build quality. Please check out the complete range of IG52 motors at below link.
Below is a video demonstrating the application of IG52 motors.