The RFDesign TXMOD is an all in one long range telemetry data and RC control system. Designed to work in conjunction with any Radio Controller capable of accepting JR Transmitter Modules, the RFD TX Module can transmit the PPM stream from the controller to the vehicle via the RFD868X long range telemetry modem while also receiving telemetry data received from the aircraft. The module’s built in WiFi link allows for simple web-page based configuration and broadcasting of telemetry data to a computer or smart device. It is a JR style module that plugs into any RC transmitter that has can accept JR style modules (Frsky Taranis, JR, Frsky Horus). It provides a bridge between the RC transmitter and aircraft while carrying RC PPM data and mavlink telemetry streams at the same time.
Click on the link below to Buy Simmilar Product of RFD
- Long range using RFD868x telemetry modem
- 2.4GHz WiFi AP / Client modes with TCP + UDP packet support
- Easy configuration by web-based wizard built in
- Direct plug in to any RC transmitter with JR style modules (eg. Taranis X9D, Horus)
- Wide range 5-18V input supply
- Optimised for use with Mavlink/Mission Planner/QGCS
RFD868x New Features:
- New Processor, ARM 32 bit core.
- Air data rate: 500kbit/s.
- AES Hardware accelerated encryption.
- RC PPM Pass through with telemetry at the same time.
- Fully ESD protected + filtered - Every IO port is protected and filtered.
- Original SiK point to point firmware implemented.
Note: Currently due to the bandwidth limitations of the 868 modems Asynchronous Mesh and Multipoint Firmware are not officially supported for the 868X modems and correct operation of this code cannot be guaranteed
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup *80km demonstrated by Edge Research labs on a balloon, 57km in India, on Dipoles.
- 2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit low pass filter.
- > 20dB Low noise amplifier, high IP3.
- RX SAW filter.
- All I/O ESD protected and filtered.
- Re implemented SiK firmware, field upgradeable, easy to configure.
- Small, light weight.
Note: Not compatible with older modems
- RF : 2 x RP-SMA connectors
- Serial: Logic level TTL (+3.3v)
- Power: +5v, ~800mA max peak (at maximum transmit power)
- GPIO: 6 General purpose IO (Digital capable).
Software / GCS Support:
- The software solution is an open source development called "SiK". It has been re implemented to suit the new processor architecture available on the 32bit ARM processor core. A boot loader and interface is available for further development and field upgrade of the modem firmware via the serial port.
- Most parameters are configurable via AT commands, Eg. baud rate (air/uart), frequency band, power levels.
- Integrated support for configuring the RFD900 radios is supported by APM Planner.
- The default settings are at 57600 baud, N, 8, 1, and 64k air data rate.
Software features include:
- Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
- Transparent serial link
- Configuration by simple AT commands for local radio, RT commands for remote radio
- User configurable serial data rates and air data rates
- Mavlink protocol framing (user selectable)
- Mavlink radio status reporting (Local RSSI, Remote RSSI, Local Noise, Remote Noise)
- Automatic antenna diversity switching on a packet basis in real time
- Automatic duty cycle throttling based on radio temperature to avoid overheating
The RFD868 is designed to be compliant with the following standards:
- FCC Part 15.247 (Frequency hopping and digitally modulated intentional radiators)
- AS/NZS 4268:2012 (Radio equipment and systems - short range devices)
The modem is designed for system integrators who will integrate the modem into their own projects and product prototypes. The user is responsible for compliance with local regulations for radio transmitters.
- 1 x RFD TXMOD
- 1 x RFD868x Radio Modem with new version v3.01 or later firmware
- 1 x Antenna, 868-900MHz Quarter wave monopole 2.1dBi
- 1 x Antenna, 868-900MHz Right Angle Quarter wave monopole 2.1dBi
- 4 x Antennas, 868-900MHz Half wave dipole 3dBi