The Skycell Premium LiFePO4 Rechargeable Battery Pack is a 1s2p battery pack with a nominal voltage of 3.2V and can be fully charged upto 3.7V. This battery pack has 2 cells in parallel which gives it a capacity for 1C (12A) continuous discharge and 3C (36A) discharge for a few seconds. The nominal capacity of the battery pack is 12000mah. The battery pack has an in-built BMS which prevents the battery from over charging above 3.7V and also prevents it from overdischarging below 2.5 volts.
The Skycell Premium LiFePO4 Rechargeable Battery Pack is made using Skycell High Qualtiy Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) rechargable cells which are one of the most powerful and most stable cells available along with an amazing life cycle of approximately 3000 cycles. The High Quality LiFePO4 is a 6000 mah cell with a 1C(6A) continuous discharge and 3c(18A) peak discharge. These cells can work in high temperature environments which might not be favourable for the Li-ion or Li-po cells. The cell is availaible in the 32650 / 32700 size which means that the diameter of the cell is 32mm nad height is 70 mm which is quite compact for the power it gives. With a life cycle of approximately 3000 cycles with good performance, this is a fit and forget solution for your battery packs in Electric Vehicles, Solar panels. Inverters, Warehouse Robots and all other high power applications which require longer life cycles.
The LiFePO4 chemistry has been around for some time but has caught up for the commercial markets due to innovation in the anode material and due to hits high stability in high stress environments and its ability to provide continued high performance. These cells are being used by most leading Electric Vehicle Battery Pack users who are looking for higher performance and increased lifespan of the battery pack.
The benefits of the LiFePO4 cells over Li-ion and Lead acid batteries are :
- LiFePO4 cells are much more stable chemically and non combustible. At high temperatures or if the battery is mishandled the phosphate based cathode material will not burn. Hence LiFePO4 are much more safe for E-Vehicles and mobile robots
- LiFePO4 cells offer much longer lifetime as compared to a Lead Acid or a Li-ion cell. The LiFeP04 provides approximately 3000 cycles under proper handling and upto 70% DOD( Depth of Discharge). Also the shelf life of the cell is much longer with a lower self discharge rate.
- The LiFePO4 cells offer higher performance compared to a normal 1C Li-ion 18650 cell. The commonly availaible Li-ion cell are rated for 2 A discharge rate whereas the LiFePO4 1C cell provides a 6A discharge rate. There is also very little voltage drop during discharge which is much higher in a lead acid battery.
- The LiFePO4 is a nontoxic material, non contaminating material which contains no rare-earth minerals. This makes it a much more environment friendly choice compared to the lead acid and Lithium batteries.
- Nominal Voltage of battery : 3.2V (1s2p)
- Maximum Voltage of battery : 3.7V ( at full charge)
- Minimum voltage allowed by BMS : 2.5V ( BMS will cutoff the supply once battery pack is discharged uptill 2.5V)
- Continuous Current Capacity : 12 A (1C )
- Peak Current Capacity : 36 A (3 C) only for few seconds)
- Nominal Battery Capacity: 12000mAh
- Max.Charging Current(Continuous): 1C (12A)
- Dimensions: 65mm*33mm*80mm
- No of charge/discharge cycles : approximately 3000 cycles for 70% DOD. This means that if the battery pack is used once daily then the life is approx 8 years for same.
The High Quality LiFePO4 cells used in the battery pack can be purchased as individual cells from the below link:
Applications of LiFePO4 battery
- Light electric car, e-bike, electric scooter, e-rickshaw,electric golf cart, forklift, cleanness car, electric wheelchairs.
- E-tools lik electric drill.electric saw,lawn mower and so on
- Remote control cars ,boat aircraft,toys.
- Solar and wind power generation energy storage devices
- Small medical equipment and portable equipment
- 1 x PREMIUM LIFEPO4 RECHARGEABLE BATTERY 3.2V-3.7V 12000MAH (1S2P)