The WIR-1186 module is a low-power wireless communication solution that is ideal for Smart Grid, home automation, smart lighting, industrial sensor data acquisition and remote control applications. This module integrates RF69, an extremely low-power sub-GHz transceiver, an MCU for wireless network control, data handling and hardware interface, a PCB antenna and matching circuitry.
Right out- of-the-box this module supports simple point-to-multipoint serial communication over-the-air. It has a small 24mm x 36mm form-factor for easy integration.
This module operates at 865MHz - 869MHz band and has 5 channel options. It can offer up to 2 kilometers* over the air range and even more if modules configured as repeaters are used.
It should be connected to any 3.3V TTL/CMOS logic serial RXD and TXD lines and can support baud-rate of 9600bps to 115200bps.
- RF center frequency of 865MHz to 869MHz (can be modified for other bands)
- Small 24mm x 36mmx3mm form factor. Can fit into almost anything.
- Standard UART interface with hardware flow-control (Clear-to-Send CTS) for long data packet handling
- Easy to integrate into current devices that support RS-485, RS-232, RS-422 or 3.3V TTL serial data
- Compatible to 3.3V power-supply and interface only.
- Integrated efficient PCB antenna
- Listen-before-talk and random back-off algorithm
- 16bit node address and 16bit network address
- Settable channels, baud-rate, air-data rate and RF transmit power
- Configurable parameters, signal-strength limit, ack timeout, network and point address
- In build trasnparent 128-bit AES encryption with configurable key
- Up to 2Kilometers outdoor open air node-to-node range
- Ultra low power Sleep Mode
- VCC 3.3V DC
- TXD - module input
- RXD - module output
- CTS- clear to send module output
- Wireless telemetry for transmitting meter readings, sensor data
- Remote control applications with fast response requirements
- Wireless Home Networking applications
- Point-to-point and point-to-multipoint network topologies
- Wireless mouse, wireless keyboard and other wireless user interface devices
- Wireless data logging applications
- Audience response systems
- Smart Grid systems
- Home Automation Systems