The Cube Orange autopilot is the latest and most powerful model in the Cubepilot ecosystem. Designed for hobby users, commercial system integrators and UAS manufacturers the Cube Orange autopilot is part of a wide ecosystem of autopilot modules and carrier boards. All Cube models are compatible with all carriers which allows users to choose an off the shelf carrier board that best suits their needs. System designers are able to integrate the Cube directly into their designs via published carrier board specifications.
The Cube Orange is available as a standalone module or as a package with a new updated version of the original carrier board that now includes an integrated ADS-B In module from uAvionics.
Cube Orange Features
- Faster H7 SOC with 1MB ram
- Upgraded triple redundant IMU sensors for extra redundancy
- 2 sets of IMU are vibration-isolated mechanically, reducing the effect of frame vibration to state estimation
- IMUs are temperature-controlled by onboard heating resistors, allowing optimum working temperature of IMUs
- The entire flight management unit(FMU) and inertial management unit(IMU) are housed in a reatively small form factor (a cube).
- Fully Cubepilot carrierboard compatible, all inputs and outputs go through a 80-pin DF17 connector, allowing a plug-in solution for manufacturers of commercial systems. Manufacturers can design their own carrier boards to suit their specific needs now and in the future
Cube Orange Features
ADS-B Carrier Board:
The new ADS-B carrier boards overall footprint is identical to the standard versions and the main changes compared to the original carrier are as follows:
- Integration of uAvonix ADS-B IN Receiver on Serial 5
- Built-In ADS-B Antenna
- Removal of Intel Edison Bay and Debug USB Ports
How to use new ADS-B IN Carrier Board?
Carrier board has built in receiver. With the help of mission planner if you are using Ardupilot or PX4 or any other firmware which is supported by mission planner you can configure parameters for enabling or disabling this feature. As of now this is optional but in future it might me mandatory to activate ADS-B IN for avoiding UAV /Drone fly near manned aircraft. This is restrict UAVs to enter into airspace which is for Commercial or Private airspace.
- Orange Cube and ADSB carrier
- Power brick mini
- Wiring pack
- USB cable
- Fittings (tape screws)