The Rhino Planetary Geared Quad Encoder 60 RPM DC Servo Motor is a robust encoder based DC servo system which is a unique system which enables you to get the stall torque of the motor even even while using the motor at lower RPM. For RPM starting from 0 to maximum rpm possible as per gear box ratio, you can achieve the stall torque of the motor. Using a simple DC motor it is not possible to achieve desired torque at lower speeds because as you vary the input provided to the motor drive the output power is reduced. However the Rhino High Torque Quad Encoder motors along with the DC servo drive the encoder feedback is a unique system which will allow to achieve maximum rated torque at lower speeds along with perfect position and multi motor co-ordination.
This motor is perfect for accurate speed applications and multi motor robotic platforms where speed and position co-ordination is important. This motor serves for critical applications where two motors working at same speeds are important for the working of the system. Also it gives a very fine setting to achieve required speed control using the high number of counts which are available with the coupled encoder.
The High Torque Quad Encoder coupled with the base motor is a quad encoder which provides 12532 Counts per Revolution (CPR). This high number of counts enable a mission critical applications for fine control of speed and settings. To control the position of the motor and the speed, our DC Servo Drive RMCS -2303 is recommended to be used with this.
Along with the High Torque Quad Encoder, the Rhino Heavy Duty Planetary Gear Box DC motor is a category best motor with an amazing torque to weight ratio and performance parameters. The high quality precision metal gear box in the motor provides with long life and good performance as detailed in the product
- 60 RPM 12V Rhino High Torque Quad Encoder DC Geared Motor with Metal Planetary Motor, High Torque Quad Encoder and Metal Gears
- 18000 RPM base motor
- 4 stage gearbox for optimum high torque operation, which has breaking torque of 100 kgcm.
- Not recommended to use beyond 75 kg cm for continuous use
- Motor rated Torque is 40 kgcm for continuous use at maximum efficiency.
- Stall torque of motor is higher than 100 kgcm, but not recommended to exceed 75kgcm.
- Shaft is D type with total length of 16 mm and D shape in 12 mm.
- 6mm Dia shaft with M3 thread hole for tight mounting.
- Shaft can be coupled using CNC coupling 6 mm or using fixed coupling as per requirement
- Back shaft length is 9 mm
- Gearbox diameter is 32 mm.
- Motor Diameter 28.5 mm
- Length 95.5 mm without shaft
- 300gm weight
- No-load current : 800 mA, Load current : upto 7.5 A(Max)
Encoder Specifications & Pinouts
- Counts per revolution (CPR) : 12532
- White: EncA
- Yellow: EncB
- Red: Motor-
- Black: Motor+
- Blue : Vcc +5 V DC
- Green: Gnd *This is to be kept isolated from Motor Ground
- 1 x RHINO 60RPM 40KGCM 12V DC PLANETARY GEARED QUAD ENCODER SERVO MOTOR
For further heavy duty applications we have IG52 planetary gear motors with 52mm gear box and all metal industrial build quality.. Please check out the complete range of IG52 motors at below link.
Below is a video demonstrating the application of IG52 motors