All the ICs on the Leji driver are sure to use the original imported IC. It is recommended to use the original IC driver on the Loch motherboard. The motherboard is damaged due to the use of the used chip or the driver of the domestic chip.
Tip: This driver is only used in the field of 3D printing, such as for other technical support, and improper use of burnout is not guaranteed.
LV8729 driver module, 128 subdivision, in order to meet the needs of the Lecture motherboard customers need high subdivision drive, and the ultra-quiet in-line driver module developed, the method is simpler, is the best choice for the printer to create a quiet environment.
Product specification parameters:
- Dimensions: 1.5mm*2.0mm (same as A4988 and DRV8825)
- Maximum drive current: 1.8A (factory default 0.8A)
- Maximum voltage: 36V (usually 12V)
- Support subdivision: 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128
- Product Process: Four-layer PCB board
- Product weight: 5g
Tips for use:
The 8729 driver pin is blue on one side and black on the other side, which corresponds to the color of the socket on the Loco motherboard to improve the user experience.
- In the 64 subdivision or 128 subdivision, you can have a better ultra-quiet effect
- Working voltage: 6V-36V, the recommended voltage is 12V
- The maximum current is 1.5A, the default is 0.8A
- Subdivision: 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128
- Heat sink must be added to make the heat dissipation better ( please use a large fan to assist the heat dissipation )
Subdivision settings table:
The motherboard subdivision jumper caps are M1, M2, and M3 from left to right. The jumper cap is inserted as High, and the jumper cap is removed as Low. The specific settings are as follows: After a long test, using 64 subdivisions works best.
Drive current algorithm and regulation:
Drive current algorithm: i=Vref/0.5, the default Vref is about 0.4v, so the default current is 0.8A and the maximum current is 1.5A
Vref measures the voltage of Gnd and the middle end of the potentiometer as shown in the figure below
Do not connect the motor when measuring voltage, otherwise it will easily burn the drive
Turn on the power when measuring the voltage. Do not connect only to the USB power supply
When adjusting the potentiometer, it is necessary to adjust the potentiometer with a small amplitude. After the measurement, adjust it again to avoid the drive being burnt out if the current is too large
Clockwise adjustment is increased, counterclockwise adjustment is reduced
LV8729 enhanced cooling tips:
In order to consider the heat problem, LV8729 uses a four-layer PCB to dissipate heat. At the same time, the chip has a heat sink attached to it. The factory default 1A drive current. Due to the large number of subdivisions of the LV8729 driver , any motor drive module is used for the stable operation of the 3D printer. It is necessary to actively dissipate heat, such as installing a fan, hanging a heat sink, and running a large fan to the motherboard.