The Rhino Robot control board is versatile and expandable platform for robotics. Due to its expansion capabilities the board can be used to control all robots starting from beginners robot to advanced robots with multiple functionality.
The board is compatible to 6-25VDC input compared to all robot control boards available which accepts inputs just up to 12VDC.
It has onboard two 5Amp motor drivers MC33932 and expandable to four motor drivers onboard. The motor drivers have inbuilt protection for overheating so you would not see your motor drivers burnt in any case. The high capacity motor drivers give an edge to the development board for driving big robots without any problems. The board is designed in such a way that Back EMF for big motors do not affect working of microcontroller. Also the motor drivers give very good breaking and linear speeds of motors with input PWM compared to conventional motor drivers.
The board comes with a bootloader software pre-programmed in ATMega16 microcontroller and can be easily programmed through USB within few seconds.
The Quick-C platform for programming this board with multiple libraries is offered with this board. Please check documentation below in downloads section.
Robot Controller Board Features
- On Board Regulator with filters and Operating voltage from 6V-25V
- 2 General purpose LED's
- 2 Switches including reset
- Power on/off toggle switch 10A (Use better capacity switch if your power requirement is more then 10A or just short the terminals)
- 16MHz crystal for maximum speed
- Onboard LCD connector compatible to HD44780 LCD Modules
- LCD brightness control
- Power Indicator LED
- 4 DC/2 Stepper motor 5A driving capability (Normal configuration offers capability of 2 DC/1 Stepper motors)
- PWM pins connected to motor drivers for speed control of motors for two DC motor driver
- 8 ADC/Standard servo compatible connectors
- All Pins accessible through male header pins
- Onboard 36Khz receiver to receive signals from RC5 remote
- PS2 remote compatibility (Shares same pins as of LCD so either LCD or PS2 remote can be used at a time).
- USB to UART converter onboard
- Can be expanded for I/O through expansion connector via SPI/I2C/UART.
- Reverse polarity protection using a diode (Short the diode to SMD pad provided on board to reduce voltage drop by 0.7V or increase current requirement if more then 6A. In this case reverse polarity protection will also be removed.)
- Can be programmed via USB through bootloader or through ISP programming (If programmed through ISP the bootloader will be erased and we do not offer bootloader files as of now).
- LCD Module HD44780 compatible
- AVR Microcontroller ATMega16 included with board (Also ATMega32 can be selected)
- 1X Dual 5A motor driver MC33932
- AVR programmer (Selectable between Serial Port, Parallel Port and USB Port Programmer) (Once you program bootloader chip through this programmers the chip cannot be re-programmed by bootloader through USB or via QuickC IDE)
*Serial port programmer does not work properly when LCD is connected. We recommend Parallel or USB port programmer if you are using LCD.
Links to the optional Items:
- CD containing all required software's
- Rhino Robot Controller Board with ATMega16 and 1X Dual 5amp motor driver MC33932
- USB cable
*Note: LCD is not provided with the board. Photo is just for refrence.
Rhino Robot Controller Board documentation
QuickC IDE - Rhino Setup
QuickC IDE - Rhino Library Reference
QuickC IDE - Rhino User Manual