The WIR-1186M module is a low-power wireless communication solution that is ideal for Smart Grid, home automation, smart lighting, industrial sensor data acquisition and remote control applications. This module integrates RF69, an extremely low-power sub-GHz transceiver, an MCU for wireless network control, data handling and hardware interface, a PCB antenna and matching circuitry. It has a small 24mm x 36mm form-factor for easy integration.
This module is pre-loaded with a full-mesh stack called WIR-METERING for gateway to nodes communication. This is ideal for Automatic Meter Reading (AMR), Traffic Light control, Street Light Control, Smart Grid and Home Automatic Applications. It has an inbuilt 128 - bit AES Encryption Engine with a user configurable session key for providing security to important sensor information.
This module operates at 865MHz - 867MHz band and has 5 channel options. It can offer up to 2 kilometers* over the air range and even more if modules configured as repeaters are used.
It should be connected to any 3.3V TTL/CMOS logic serial RXD and TXD lines and can support baud-rate of 9600bps to 115200bps.
- RF center frequency of 865MHz to 867MHz (can be modified for other bands)
- Small 24mm x 36mmx3mm form factor. Can fit into almost anything.
- Standard UART interface with hardware flow-control (Clear-to-Send CTS) for long data packet handling
- Easy to integrate into current devices that support RS-485, RS-232, RS-422 or 3.3V TTL serial data
- Compatible to 3.3V power-supply and interface only
- Integrated efficient PCB antenna
- Listen-before-talk and random back-off algorithm
- 32bit unique node address and 8bit network address
- Acknowledgement based point-to-point communication with data hopping
- Automatic Route Forming and Route Healing over the mesh network
- 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard transparently encrypts all data communication over the channel
- Settable channels, baud-rate, air-data rate and RF transmit power, AES Key
- Socket creation at Gateway to communicate with a single node in the mesh
- Up to 2Kilometers outdoor open air node-to-node range
- VCC 3.3V DC
- TXD - module input
- RXD - module output
- CTS- clear to send module output
- Automatic Meter Reading and Control applications
- Wireless telemetry for transmitting meter readings, sensor data
- Remote control applications with fast response requirements
- Wireless Home Networking applications
- Wireless data logging applications
- Smart Grid systems
- Home Automation Systems