The SIM800 modem has a SIM800 GSM chip and RS232 interface while enables easy connection with the computer or laptop using the USB to Serial connector or to the microcontroller using the RS232 to TTL converter.
SIM800 - GSM/GPRS module Designed for global market, SIM800 is a quad-band GSM/GPRS module that works on frequencies GSM 850MHz, EGSM 900MHz, DCS 1800MHz and PCS 1900MHz.
- SIM800 Quad Band GSM Module
- Voltage Supply Required- 9VDC to 12VDC with atleast 2A Peak Current Capability
- TTL Rx and TTL Tx and DB9 Connector Based RS232 Outputs
- External Finger type antenna
- Switching Regulator Based Power Supply
- Bands: GSM 850MHz, EGSM 900MHz, DCS 1800MHz, PCS 1900MHz
- Coding schemes: CS-1, CS-2, CS-3, CS-4 Tx power: Class 4 (2W), Class 1 (1W)
- Small package: 23 * 23 * 3mm
- Low power: down to 1mA in sleep mode
- TCP/IP AT firmware
- Operating temperature: -40C to +85C
- Audio channels which include a microphone input and a receiver output.
- One SIM card interface.