The OV7670 image sensor is a low voltage CMOS sensor that provides the full functionality of a single-chip VGA camera and image processor in a small footprint package. The OV7670 provides full-frame, sub-sampled or windowed 8-bit images in a wide range of formats, controlled through the Serial Camera Control Bus (SCCB) interface.
This product has an image array capable of operating at up to 30 frames per second (fps) in VGA with complete user control over image quality, formatting and output data transfer. All required image processing functions, including exposure control, gamma, white balance, color saturation, hue control and more, are also programmable through the SCCB interface.
In addition, OmniVision CameraChip products use proprietary sensor technology to improve image quality by reducing or eliminating common lighting/electrical sources of image contamination, such as Fixed Pattern Noise (FPN), smearing, blooming, etc., to produce a clean, fully stable color image.
- High sensitivity for low-light operation
- Low operating voltage for embedded portable apps
- Lens shading correction
- Flicker (50/60 Hz) auto detection
- De-noise level auto adjust
- Supports image sizes: VGA, CIF, and any size scaling down from CIF to 40x30
- VarioPixel method for sub-sampling
- Automatic image control functions including: automatic exposure control (AEC), automatic gain control (AGC), automatic white balance(AWB), automatic band filter (ABF), and automatic black-level calibration (ABLC)
- ISP includes noise reduction and defect correction
- Supports LED and flash strobe mode
- Supports scaling
- Output support for Raw RGB, RGB (GRB 4:2:2, RGB565/555/444), YUV (4:2:2) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats
- Image quality controls including color saturation, hue, gamma, sharpness (edge enhancement), and anti-blooming
- Saturation level auto adjust (UV adjust)
- Edge enhancement level auto adjust