Raspberry Pi 3 can run the full range of ARM GNU/Linux distributions, including Snappy Ubuntu Core, as well as Microsoft Windows 10. This has an identical form-factor to the existing Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, but manages to pack in both the new BCM2837 and a full 1GB of SDRAM.
It also features WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy capabilities to enhance the functionality and the ability to power more powerful devices over the USB ports.
- Broadcom BCM2837 64bit Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 1.2GHz
- BCM43143 WiFi on board
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 40pin extended GPIO
- 4 x USB 2 ports
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Upgraded switched Micro USB power source (now supports up to 2.5 Amps)