This breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver features adjustable current limiting, over-current and over-temperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). It operates from 8.2 V to 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling). The driver has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of A4988 stepper motor driver carriers, so it can be used as a higher-performance drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications.
- Minimum operating voltage: 8.2V
- Maximum operating voltage: 45V
- Continuous current per phase: 1.5 Amp
- Maximum current per phase: 2.2 Amp
- Minimum logic voltage: 2.5V
- Maximum logic voltage: 5.25V
- Microstep resolutions: Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32
- Reverse voltage protection?: No
- Size: 0.6" × 0.8"
- Weight: 1.6 grams